Like virtually each other important running system at the moment obtainable, Home windows 11 gives consumers mild and dim mode interface possibilities. Darkish modes are less complicated on the eyes, primarily in dimly lit rooms or at night time. In some situations, they even lower how substantially energy your device’s display screen uses.
Turning on Home windows 11’s darkish method is effortless:
- Go to Configurations > Procedure > personalization > Colours.
- Find “Dark” from the “Choose your Mode” drop-down box.
That is it. Like I reported, fairly basic. Even so, this only applies the conventional darkish method colours of your recent topic. If you want, you can dig additional into the Windows 11 options and customise the glimpse for your PC’s interface even far more.
Use a pre-manufactured Home windows 11 theme
Like Home windows 10, Windows 11 lets you use exclusive themes that modify everything about the interface in one swoop—the wallpaper, menu and folder shades, accent colors, icons, and much more.
- Go to Settings > Procedure > Personalization > Themes.
- Select the theme you want from the “Current Theme” fall-down menu. The “Windows (Dim)” topic is most likely the safest guess, but there are numerous other folks that offer you dark method-like coloration techniques.
- If you do not like any of the pre-incorporated possibilities, click “Browse Themes” to see and download additional themes accessible in the Microsoft Shop.
- The moment you have your new concept chosen, simply click “Apply” to allow it.
Use personalized topic hues
If you don’t like a theme’s default shades, you can change them in the personalization settings. There are quite a few options readily available that will assist you build your own dark (or light) theme’s shades.
- Head to Settings > Process > Personalization > Colors
- Decide on “Custom” from the “Choose Your Mode” fall-down box.
- Choose irrespective of whether you want the home windows and menus to use the default “Dark” or “Light” themes.
- Scroll down and set Accent Color to “Manual.”
- Find from the colours in the menu, or simply click “View colors” use the shade picker to uncover one you like most effective.
- You can also use the toggles to implement the accent coloration to the taskbar or folder/app window borders.
Use a Contrast theme
Windows 11’s personalization options also contain “Contrast themes” that are built for people with particular vision-based mostly accessibility needs. As the title indicates, Distinction themes use contrasting coloration combinations that make it easier to browse text in opposition to the background (both light textual content and darkish backgrounds for menus, or dim textual content and light backgrounds) and lots of of them work as dim themes.
You can toggle contrast themes on or off at any time by urgent the still left Alt + remaining Shift + Print Screen keys, but you will probably want to edit the contrast topic in the Home windows 11 settings as very well.
There are two techniques to discover the Distinction themes menu:
- Settings > Procedure > Personalization > Themes > Distinction themes
- Configurations > Accessibility > Contrast themes
As soon as you’re in the Contrast themes menu, choose the color plan you like most effective from the fall-down menu. You can also click “Edit” to personalize your distinction theme.