The devices manufactured by Apple Inc. are known for their best quality. Among them, Apple TV is one of the best streaming devices that many people use globally. Further, Apple TV is available in 5 generations, and all of the models get a remote controller for easy navigation on the device. The latest generation of Apple TV (4th and 5th) has come with the Siri remote. The first three generations of Apple TV remotes have lithium 3V coin batteries, so you needless to charge them. But the Siri remote is unlike the earlier one as it comes with a rechargeable battery inside. So, you can charge your Siri remote when it is on low battery. You are provided with the lightning cable to recharge your Siri remote with your Apple TV. From this article, you shall learn how to charge Apple TV remote along with the steps to check the battery level.
How to Check the Apple TV Remote Battery Level
Using Apple TV Remote on Apple TV is always simple as it features only the essential buttons. On Siri Remote, you won’t find any physical indicator that indicates that the remote is charging. However, you might get a notification on your TV and with this, you may want to charge it. In case if you want to check the battery level, you have to do it manually.
1. Go to the Settings app on your Apple TV home screen.
2. Under the options, select the Remotes and Devices option.
3. Further, click on Remote on the next screen.
FYI: If the Siri remote is charging, you will find the lightning bolt to the right of the Remote option. If you don’t find it, you can see the battery symbol with the charge level.
4. Now, you can see the Battery Level option on the screen with the correct charge percentage of the Siri remote.
Related: How to Fast Forward on Apple TV using Remote
How to Charge the Apple TV Remote
Along with your Apple TV, you might have received a USB cable to charge your remote. If you don’t have the cable, you can use the cable of your iPhone/iPad.
Note: The first and second-generation remote controllers have no batteries. So, you need to buy a replacement remote if you find it no longer holds the charge. In other words, Apple TV Remote battery replacement isn’t possible with the older remote controllers.
1. First, plug one end of the USB cable into the lightning port of your Apple TV remote.
2. Insert the other end of the cable into a USB Power Adapter or USB port on a Mac PC or Laptop.
3. You can also use the remote to control your Apple TV while charging. Make use of the above-given procedure to check the battery level.
4. The Siri remote takes three hours to charge fully.
Remember, you should not recharge your Siri remote often. Once the remote is charged fully, it will work for several months. When you get the warning on your TV that your battery is low, you can charge your remote. Alternatively, get the Apple TV remote app on your iOS devices and take control of Apple TV functionalities. If the cable is not working, use an Apple-certified cable to charge the remote. If you have got any queries related to this article, ask us in the comments section.