Twitch is a widely popular video live streaming service based in America which focuses on video game live streaming. It is a unique streaming service that brings loads of interesting features. Along with video game live streaming, the service is also used to watch Esports, IRL, music broadcasts, creative content, and many more. Twitch is available on multiple platforms such as Android, iOS, PlayStation, Xbox consoles, Nintendo Switch, Firestick, Apple TV, Chromecast, and Nvidia Shield. The Twitch service is free and also available in premium versions which costs $4.99 to $24.99 per month. It offers you a two-in-one service, and you can live stream as well as chat with your friends while playing simultaneously. Twitch is very simple to use. With that, you shall learn to watch Twitch on Apple TV.
How to Install and Activate Twitch on Apple TV
If you own an Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD, you can install the app directly from the App Store. But if you have older models, then you can use the Airplay method.
1. Launch your Apple TV and connect the device to the internet connection.
2. From the home screen, click on App Store.
3. Now, tap the Search icon from the top panel.
4. Proceed to type Twitch on the search bar using the on-screen keyboard and click the search icon.
5. Select the same app from the search results.
6. Further, click Get to install the app on Apple TV.
7. After the installation, launch the app on the device.
8. Now, tap the Sign-in option to receive the Activation Code.
9. Next, visit the Twitch activation site from any browser.
10. On that page, enter the Activation Code and click on the Activate button.
11. Further, you should log in to your Twitch account and wait for some time.
12. After the successful activation, play any video from the Twitch app and watch the video on Apple TV.
Related: How to Add and Stream Newsy on Apple TV in 2 Ways
Alternative Way: How to Airplay Twitch on Apple TV
Apart from installing the app directly on Apple TV, you can use the Airplay method to stream the videos. Here are the steps to Airplay Twitch on Apple TV.
1. First, make sure that you have connected both your devices, Apple TV and iPhone, under the same Wifi network.
2. Install the Twitch app from App Store.
3. Further, select the video that you want to watch from the Twitch app.
4. Now, click the Airplay icon on the media player.
5. Next, select your Apple TV name from the list of available devices.
Related: How to Get Pluto TV on Apple TV [Two Methods]
6. Upon successful connection, you can watch the videos on Apple TV.
Therefore, Twitch is the world’s leading platform and community for games. Around 45 million gamers use Twitch to broadcast, watch and chat. Hope you got a clear explanation to watch Twitch app on Apple TV in two ways. We value your feedback as comments.