Anyone with a cracked screen on their laptop will have a disaster on their hands. What is the cost of replacing a laptop screen? You should, however, check your laptop screen carefully, determine the specific fault and choose the appropriate solution before you proceed. Otherwise, you will have to do a lot more work for subsequent repairs. Let’s move forward if you agree.
What causes laptop screens to break
- A laptop crashed during an intense discussion, then hit the ground.
- Someone broke the toy.
- Sharp objects scratched the laptop screen.
There are still a lot of reasons why your laptop screen may break or stop working properly. Fortunately, you can easily fix these common problems by replacing your laptop screen at the lowest possible price.
Here are the ways to replace laptop screens
- Take your laptop to the brand service center. A local quotation over $100 determines the specific price, which is the most expensive method. Repairs are also difficult.
- The second option is to take the laptop to a shop that has the general price. A few shops provide doorstep service.
- Changing the screen yourself is the cheapest option. You will need some handicraft skills to do so. Generally, laptop screens range between $15 and $40. However, you only need to buy a new screen to do it, so it is not that difficult.
Be sure the screen on your laptop actually needs replacing before making any decisions. You might be wasting time and effort on a replacement screen if the graphics card on the motherboard is broken.
Where can I get a replacement laptop screen?
In general, the process of replacing The Laptop screens is the same for all brands because they are fixed in almost the same way, the biggest difference could be the size and quality of the screen. The following example shows how to replace the screen of an ASUS laptop by disassembling the laptop.
1. Make sure the tools used to disassemble the screen (screwdriver, pry piece, and new screen) are ready.
- To remove the screws from the laptop screen, there are two on the left and right.
- Insert the pry piece into the slit on the screen side and gently open the screen frame with the pry piece.
- You have to remove the four screws that hold the internal screen in place.
- Cut the cable from the LCD display.
- Install a new screen in place of the cracked one.
- Turn on the laptop with the LCD cable connected, and if the screen displays properly, install all the remaining parts.
Cheap laptop screens – where can you buy them?
There must be a question in your mind about where you can buy high-quality and reasonably priced laptop screens. Check out laptop.gemwon.com for screen replacements for Dell laptops, ASUS laptops, HP laptops, and more.
A laptop screen can be purchased between $10 and $30 depending on the type of laptop. On the left of the website, you will find the customer service consultation. Click on it if you would like more information.
One last suggestion
I can give you some suggestions about repairing your laptop screen if you are sure it needs to be replaced. It is imperative to take off the old screen before buying a new laptop screen in order to determine what the problem is so that the new screen can be installed properly. The laptop screen replacement problem can be resolved more thoroughly if the screen frame is also damaged, which can be determined when removing the screen.