The process of getting other websites to link to your website is referred to as backlinking, inbound links, external links, or link building.
It sounds simple. When it comes to backlinks, there are many factors to consider.
In your blog, you might link to a blog post from another website as an example of using a backlink effectively. Take the example of a dentist who posts educational content on the blog section of his website. For information on what tartar is and how it is caused, the American Dental Association can provide an external link in this week’s blog post. Alternatively, you might hyperlink the word “tartar” instead of saying,
In addition, you should ensure that your backlinks open in new tabs or windows, rather than forcing the viewer to leave your website to visit another.
With all we know about backlinks now, why take time out of our busy schedules to give them a little attention?
- Search engines take note of quality signals from them, improving your SEO.
When search engines see other websites linking to yours, they assume that your website is an authoritative source on the topic because other websites are linking to you. Links to other sites are provided because they contain some information you want your viewers to have, which can be found on the other site better than you can. This is something that search engines understand and consider when ranking websites.
- Referral sites increase traffic to your website. The answer to this one is pretty obvious. To increase traffic to your website from referral sites, you need more links from LinkLifting websites.
- They are endorsing your website. The most crucial marketing platform for a business, your website, should not just have links from anywhere. Like you, other business owners want to be sure that the source is reliable and quality. If you link to another site, you are automatically approving the content on that site.
- The more they are featured on authoritative websites, the more trust and authority they build for your business or brand. You will increase your brand recognition and trust by receiving endorsements from authoritative websites and ranking high in search engine results.
- Their job is to establish links between websites. Linking or endorsing another site is seen by people as an endorsement. It builds more trust when people know you trust one another enough to have that open, transparent relationship. However, do not mistake thinking that a link exchange will benefit you in the long run.
- Your business benefits from them. Links from other websites can increase your website’s visibility further. Consider it free advertising!
Creating quality content that people will want to link to on all of your digital properties, even on Facebook and Twitter, is highly valued by search engines. You should have a website that’s your hub for all information about your business, but you should also follow the same messaging and layout across all your digital platforms. You not only increase your chances of being found by establishing your authority online, but you are also providing multiple platforms through which other websites can link to you.