In the past few years, we have witnessed splendid adventures, exciting experiences, and surprises as a delight from pokemon’s incredible kingdom.
It is believed that for every kid who belongs to the nineties, the world of pokemon is a different craze altogether, and this craze persists even in modern times.
One of the biggest dreams for these kids was owning and petting pokemon of their own and getting to experience these crazy creatures from much closer distances.
The Pokemon craze has been magical for ages due to its super thrilling and enigmatic experiences and exciting adventures that it offers. The imperiously cute and adorable looks of each pokemon attract a massive audience worldwide to watch and enjoy these shows, including feminine audiences.
The current update says that as of now, the world of pokemon offers a whopping 893 different kinds of pokemon, all of which are extremely cute, robust, strong, crazy, adorable, and powerful.
Modern research, science, technology, and design is contributing to making new attractive pokemon designs every year.
Each new pokemon comes with its unique new characteristics, features, looks, and designs, which are as good as all other pokemon and does not fail to bring fun, thrill, and joy to its viewers.
We see super interesting different forms of every pokemon that happens to be more potent than its original form with every evolution.
Some of the most well known pokemon types are grass, poison, fire, flying, fairy, ghost, steel, electric, ice, among many others. One type that always seems to be intimidating and powerful is the ‘ground’ type of pokemon.
These pokemon are powerful, extremely strong, and aggressive, cute, and robust. These pokemon have extraordinary powers, strengths, attractive looks, and weaknesses, which make them distinguishably different from the other types.
Introduction of Ground Type Pokemon
Ground-type pokemon have been in existence from almost the beginning of the Pokemon creations. The first introduction of ground type pokemon happened in the very first generation of the Pokemon series.
There are many known pokemon who are vulnerable to ground type pokemon’s moves. Some of them are Pikachu, Onix, Steelix, Rhyperior, Raichu, and Nidoqueen, among many others.
Ground-type Pokemon are known to be extremely effective against steel, fire, electric, rock, and poison types. Although ground type pokemon are super cool and very powerful, they are not very effective against grass and bug type pokemon.
These pokemon are entirely ineffective against the flying type pokemon and are resistant to electric type. Some of the best ground type pokemon are Onix, Steelix, Rhyperior, Garchomp, Flygon, Zygrade, Landorus, and Krookodile, among many others.
Colors of Ground Type Pokemon
Ground-type pokemon can be distinguished by their unique names, colors, strengths, and powers. The overall color theme of these types of pokemon is not very bright but eye-catching and pastel.
Some of the exciting colors used are blue, brown, grey, orange, brown, white, black, yellow, and green. Each and every pokemon belonging to this type is muted toned and fierce in appearance. Their vivid appearance and unique features make them different from all the other pokemon.
These ground type pokemon are adorable in their own creepy ways. They are not very appealing physically, but their designs are fun, unique, and trendy.
These types of pokemon can demonstrate breathtakingly aggressive moves and can learn any new action swiftly. Ground-type Pokemon are known to be extremely fierce and powerful and are much more robust and crazy than any other type of pokemon. They are as good as flying or dragon type.
List of the Best Ground type Pokemon ??
Below mentioned is a list of some of the best, most powerful, and interesting ground type pokemon of all times.
Steelix is a steel-ground type pokemon that is fifty percent male and fifty percent female. This pokemon was introduced in the second generation and had a catch rate of 7.7%.
It has a height of 9.2m and a weight of 400 kg with a medium-fast leveling rate. Steelix’s body is narrow and long, and it almost looks like a serpent. The entire body is silver in color and is made up of rock-like structures.
This creature has spike-like structures on alternate either sides of the body. Steelix has a massive head with sharp, wicked eyes with one big mouth and square teeth.
Steelix’s red eyes display its fierce and aggressive nature. Steelix has this unique feature using which it can dig into the earth’s core. Steelix can be found in caves.
- Steelix can see in very dark environments and can chew up any hard object that comes in its way.
- Its body is known to be even harder than diamonds. Such features make Steelix one of the best ground type pokemon.
Garchomp is a match pokemon who belongs to both the ground and dragon type. Its unique ability is known as ‘Sand Veil,’ and it comes with a catch rate of 11.9%.
It has a height of 1.9m and a weight of 95.0kg and comes with a slow leveling rate. Garchomp is known to be a pseudo-legendary pokemon who was first introduced in the fourth generation of the Pokemon series.
It is said that Garchomp’s evolution has happened from Gabite, and its final form is known to be Gible. This creature is known to be a draconian bipedal kind of pokemon and is exceptionally fierce by nature.
The overall color combination of Garchomp is dark blue, orange, and yellow. Garchomp has a huge dragon-like body, most of which is dark blue in color. The lower chest portion and a part of the face are in a combination of reddish-orange and yellow.
Garchomp has protruding horn-like structures on most parts of its body and has a long tail and medium-sized wings. These horn-like structures allow the creature to sense its prey from a good distance.
Garchomp has very intense and fierce eyes and can fly with incredible speed to catch its prey. It is said that this creature can fly as fast as a jet plane.
- Garchomp can fly incredibly fast, and the horn-like structures on its body are used to injure its opponents or enemies.
- These creatures are incredibly fierce, powerful, competitive, and aggressive and, when trained well, can act as excellent fighting pokemon in battle. Garchomp is one of the best ground type pokemon available.
Flygon is a mystic kind of pokemon who belongs to both the ground and dragon type. It is known to be fifty percent male and fifty percent female and has a catch rate of 11.9%.
Flygon has a height of 2.0m and a weight of 82.0kg and comes with a medium-slow leveling rate. This pokemon was first introduced in the third generation of the Pokemon series.
It is said that its evolution happens from Vibrava, and its final form is known to be Trapinch. Flygon is known to be an insectoid bipedal dragon kind of pokemon. It is a bright green color pokemon that has two large rhombus-shaped wings with red detailing.
It has very tiny arms and legs and a long tail with a flower-like detailing on the end tip. Flygon has big bold red eyes and two long horn-like structures that start from its forehead and go in a slanting position towards the back.
This creature uses its wings to kick itself and start a sandstorm so that it can hide from others.
- Its wings make a singing-like sound when the creature flaps them. This is the reason why flygon is also known as the ‘Desert Spirit.’
- Flygon uses its unique abilities to attract prey and strands them before it attacks them. It is definitely one of the best ground type pokemon available.
Krookodile is an intimidating pokemon who belongs to both the ground type and the dark type. It came with a catch rate of 11.9% and has a height of 1.5m and a weight of 96.3kg.
It usually comes with a medium-slow leveling rate and was first introduced in the fifth generation of the Pokemon series. It is said that its evolution happens from Krokorok and its final form is known to be Sandile.
This creature is known to be a crocodilian pokemon whose overall color combination happens to be maroon, black, and white. It has five triangular spike-like structures on its back and short and thick legs. It also has short and thin arms with sharp claws.
It has a long narrow mouth and white-black fierce eyes. Krookodile uses its distinctively harsh and wicked look to intimate other opponents. This creature has very powerful eyes with adjusting focal points using which it can see through very long distances even in deserts.
- Krookodile has extremely powerful jaws and can crush anything with its jaws, including heavy automobiles.
- This creature uses these jaws to twist a body before breaking it into two pieces and crushing it down.
- Krookodile has an extremely aggressive temperament and makes sure it crushes down its prey without any mercy. It is one of the best ground type pokemon that exists.
Hippowdon is a heavyweight pokemon who belongs to the ground type. It is fifty percent male and fifty percent female and comes with a catch rate of 14.8%. It has a height of 2.0m and a weight of 300.0kg.
It usually comes with a very slow leveling rate and was first introduced in the fourth generation of the Pokemon series. It is said that its evolution happens from Hippopotas.
This creature is a large and massive hippo-like pokemon with a skin color based on its gender. A black hippowdon is a female and a light brown hippowdon is a male.
This creature has a dark grey back with several holes in them. The sand is stored internally and comes out of these holes whenever required. Sand also spills out of its nostrils and is used to create twisters when attacking its opponents.
- Hippowdon is a very aggressive and ferocious animal and keeps its mouth open to display its strengths.
- This creature’s massive jaws are capable of crushing down automobiles and definitely is one of the best ground type pokemon.
Seismitoad is a vibrating pokemon that belongs to both water and ground type. It is a fifty percent male and fifty percent female pokemon that comes with a catch rate of 11.9%.
It has a height of 1.5m and a weight of 62.0kg and comes with a medium-slow leveling rate. This pokemon was first introduced in the fifth generation of the pokemon series.
It is said that its evolution happens from palpitoad and its final form is known as tympole. Seismitoad is known to be a big fat bipedal frog or toad-like pokemon. The lower part of its body and many other speaker-like bumps found on its body is cyan in color.
Seismitoad has vibrant red color eyes and a long slender tongue. The various lumps on its body have many different types of capabilities and functions.
The lumps found on its head can shoot a paralyzing liquid and the others on its hand can be used for vibration that is said to increase its punching powers.
- This creature has lumps on various parts of its body which can be used for various different kinds of actions.
- Seismitoad’s limp can be used to create earthquake-like tremors.
- This creature’s lumps and its vibrations make it a massage delivering machine. It is one of the best ground type pokemon.
Rhyperior is a drill type pokemon that belongs to both the rock type and the ground type. It comes with a catch rate of 8.8% and is fifty percent male and fifty percent female.
It has a height of 2.4m and a weight of 282.8kg and comes with a comparatively slow leveling rate. This pokemon was first introduced in the fifth generation of the Pokemon series. It is said that its evolution has happened from Rhydon and its final form is known to be Rhyhorn.
Rhyperior is a large and robust pokemon that is brownish-grey in color and has two horns, one on its nose and the other just above it.
A female rhyperior can be distinguished by the upper horn being a little smaller than a male. This creature has a club-like tail and the hide it has is partially covered by rocky orange color plates. This creature also has holes on its hand’s palms that acts as a cannon or a gun.
- This creature can take in rocks and boulders through the holes of its hands and use them as bullets, later on, to fire on its opponents.
- Rhyperior also has a very strong carapace by which it can survive volcanic eruptions and deflect incoming attacks. This move usually throws the opponent off-balance before the creature can drill into its face.
Palossand is a sand castle-like-looking pokemon that belongs to both the ghost type and the ground type. It is a fifty percent male and a fifty percent female that comes with a catch rate of 14.8%.
It has a height of 1.3m and a weight of 250.0kg with a medium-fast leveling rate. This pokemon is comparatively new and was first introduced in the seventh generation of the Pokemon series.
It is said that its evolution happens from Sandygast. This pokemon is a funny-looking pokemon as it resembles a yellowish sandcastle with a few pebbles along its base.
The castle-like structure is divided into three or four parts just like a real sandcastle. The openings of the castle act as its mouth and eyes. It has small triangular pink and blue detailing on its body and is super creepy looking.
- Each grain that belongs to the castle of palossand has its own free will. This creature can control adults and make them build more sandcastles so that it can disguise itself without anybody noticing.
- Palossand also has the capability to replenish any amount of sand that it loses accidentally, on its own. It can control the sand as well.
- Palossand has a shovel on its head that rotates when this creature looks for its prey. This shovel functions just like a radar.
- It is fierce and aggressive and hunts down small pokemon. This creature is definitely one of the best ground type pokemon.
Donphan is an armor pokemon who solely belongs to the ground type. It is fifty percent male and fifty percent female and comes with a catch rate of 14.8%. It has a height of 1.1m and a weight of 120.0kg and comes with a medium-fast leveling rate.
This pokemon was first introduced in the second generation of the pokemon series, and it is said that its evolution happens from Phanpy.
This creature resembles an elephant and is grey in color with a thick black color band of hiding running down the length of its back and extending to the tip of its long truck. This particular band on the p[okemon resembles a car tire when this pokemon curls up.
This band also acts as massive protection in case of any form of attack. This creature also has a pair of white color tusks, which is comparatively smaller on the female than on the male.
- This creature has a unique ability to curl up like a round wheel and violently roll around the surface. With this kind of rolling it can actually knock down an entire house.
- Once Donphan gets aggressive and starts off with its rolling it becomes almost impossible to stop it.
- This creature also has sniffing abilities and can sniff and find a gem known as amberite.
- Donphan is a rough and tough mountainous creature and is one of the best ground type pokemon.
Landorus is a pokemon of abundance and belongs to both the flying and the ground type. It is a 100% male pokemon that comes with a catch rate of 1.6%. It has a height of 1.5m and a weight of 68.0kg and comes with a comparatively slow leveling rate.
This pokemon was first introduced in the fifth generation of the Pokemon series. Along with the two other pokemon, Tornadus and Thundurus, it is a part of the Forces of Nature, serving as its trio master.
Landorus is a large and robust muscular orange in color humanoid pokemon which actually resembles a genie. It has three sharp pink color horns on its forehead and a white protrusion shaped short log on the top of its head.
It also has a jagged mustache and two protruding orange ears. This creature’s body is covered with dark pink spots most of which are in the shape of diamonds, pebbles, and raindrops.
- This creature is known as the “Guardian of the fields” because it helps to grow crops. It uses its tail to help the soil gain nutrition.
- Landorus’s tail gains all the energy with the help of lightning and wind.
- This creature also has the massive capabilities of stopping or calming the two forces of nature. Landorus is definitely one of the best ground type pokemon.
The entire pokemon kingdom is known to be super dramatic, adventurous, enigmatic, and fun. It never fails to offer new adventures and new surprises to its viewers.
Every type of pokemon is fun to watch, with the modern contribution of science and technology, it is very difficult to choose between all of them. All of them are improving, look wise, and power wise with every single little evolution.
The ground type is especially known to be one of the best types with some of the best powers, strengths, and features.
As mentioned earlier, the pokemon are some of the best ground types of pokemon that are available. In this context, it is very important to mention that each and every pokemon belonging to the ground type is absolutely amazing and unique in its own way.
This list is made purely by keeping in mind the uniqueness of each pokemon’s features and powers, along with their crazy looks.
This list has no mention of any competition between them. Each and every ground type of pokemon is as good as the other, and honestly, it has been very, very difficult to distinguish among them in terms of betterment.